Timothy's Age

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, April 15, 2011

So, I have had trouble keeping up with blogs, why did I think this one would be any different??? LOL
Here is what has been happening in the land of the JellyBean......
  • I first felt JellyBean moving on the 19th February. Was just little flutters and rolls but I knew exactly who it was!
  • I had my 20 week scan and everything is going well. JellyBean is measuring a little ahead, but as all babies grow at different rates, this is to be expected. We didn't want to find out the sex. We want a nice surprise on the day.
  • The kicks have been getting stronger, so strong a few times that I have doubled over in pain! At least I know everything is ok in there.
  • I had a day where I didn't feel any kicks at all, even though I tried everything to get JellyBean to move, no such luck. Rang the maternity ward at Monash who advised me that everything was probably ok, but I could come in for reassurance if I want. So DH and I bundled up (its getting cold in Melbourne) and at 10.30 pm on Wednesday 13th April, went to the hospital. The midwife was waiting for us and everything checked out ok. We got to hear JellyBean's heartbeat for the first time! It was so precious, knowing our little one was ok and getting to hear the heart beating steadily at 146bpm! Well worth the hassle of going to the hospital. The midwife was so nice, and told me to come back in any time I need reassurance. We were home and in bed within an hour of leaving home.
  • Morning sickness has gone, dizziness, indigestion, forgetfulness and boils have arrived! I have boils mostly under my arms, caused by hormones, that will hopefully disappear after JellyBean is here. With the way things are going, JellyBean will be an only child! (although I really want 2!)
  • Today I am 24 weeks! Yay, only 16 more weeks to go.
Here is JellyBean's face profile at 20 weeks 4 days:
JeelyBean 20wks 4days

Hopefully I will be able to keep up the posts a little more regularly.

No comments:

Post a Comment